Tuesday 5 November 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 23. Tattoos/Jewellery

Mark and I both have tattoos in memory of Ethan. You can find mine on day 3 and 11 of my Capture Your Grief.

When we were in Cuba in May, thanks to the generosity of our fabulous friends, even though I had brought pictures of Ethan, I felt like I was so far away from him. So Mark and I bought an Ethan bracelet. It was a metal
bracelet with blue beads on it. It was something that was nice and yet looked sort of masculine too. We thought that it would be something that Ethan would buy for me. And it made me feel a bit closer to him. I can't find that bracelet today...

 





The rest is my collection of Ethan jewellery so far. Everything I have makes me feel closer to him. From left to right:

1) Ethan owl necklace. When we visited with Ethan in the funeral home, he sort of looked like an owl. I am so happy that owls are "in" right now...

2) E necklace. My amazing aunt (same one who does amazing things for me all the time) got me this necklace.

3) Ethan broken heart necklace. This necklace was free from a charity called August Wings. They provide bereaved mothers with a two necklaces, a half broken heart with your baby's name on it, and another small broken heart that you can keep with your baby. I wear this necklace basically every day, under my clothes. The other half of the necklace is with Ethan's ashes.

4) Blue dragonfly necklace from Jewellery Designs by Anastasia. A lot of the babyloss community sees dragonflies as signs from their loved ones. This summer at the cottage, I was out on the lake when the neighbours came up with their little boy. I was feeling so sad when a blue dragonfly came and landed on me and stayed with me for the entire time I was out there. So now I associate blue dragonflies with Ethan too.

5) A beautiful bracelet that the owner of Jewellery Designs by Anastasia gave to me in memory of Ethan.

6) A ring that says "My Forever Love, Ethan"

I feel like I am missing more and if so, I will post them later.

I keep all of my Ethan collection separate from the rest of my stuff in a jewellery box that my brother gave me. I figure he is one of the most, if not the most connected family members to Ethan, so it is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment