Tuesday 5 November 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 17. Time






Let me start this off by saying that time, in no way, heals all things. Time will not bring Ethan back to us.


Time... when I was in labour with Ethan they intermittently monitored his heart rate. They had no reason to constantly monitor it. Because I am no stranger to lawsuits, I obviously ordered my hospital records as soon as I could. Here is what I found:

2:07 a.m. - Ethan's heart rate was 133 bpm
2:19 a.m. - Ethan was delivered
2:48 a.m. - resuscitation attempts were stopped and Ethan's death was called

So, time? 12 minutes. Somewhere within 12 minutes, Ethan died and no one knew. It could have been right after his heart rate was taken, it could have been closer to when he was delivered... Some say 13 is an unlucky number, I say they are wrong, it's 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment