Tuesday 5 November 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 16. Seasons

Ethan was born and died on April 2, 2013. It was just beginning to become nice outside. And I was SO angry that nature was coming alive but my son was dead. I love the outdoors so that was pretty hard on me.

Mark and I went to the cottage one night, shortly after Ethan died, and there was a crazy flash freezing. It looked like the ice storm from back in college. There was ice on everything! And it felt, to me, like nature was taking a moment to remember Ethan. It was being still and honouring him.

Summer came and I love the heat so that was great.

But now fall is here. And the leaves are changing colour and beautiful, but then are falling and dying. And it's just sad. Here we are, going into another cold season, without our baby. Last year we had so much hope and happiness around this time. This year it's just cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment