Thursday 3 October 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 3. Myths

I was having a hard time figuring out what to do for this topic of myths.  There are so many "what not to say" things.... but myths.  That were a reflection of my grief.  So I started thinking about what people say that drive me mental.  

I was thinking to do something about time.  

There is no time in the world that will make me over Ethan's death.  

But I think the most common thing I get is "x would be a good distraction for you".  Going to that party, not going to distract me.  Getting drunk, not going to distract me.  Going up north to the cottage, not going to distract me.  Playing candy crush, the BEST game ever, not going to distract me.

I think about Ethan every minute of every day.  And if by some crazy chance I have not thought about him for just one second, my tattoo is there to remind me of him.  And of what I don't have.

I should have a 6 month old.  I should just be experiencing a night of peaceful sleep.  I should be pushing a stroller around my neighbourhood, trying to figure out how to work the stroller while picking up after my dog.

There is nothing that will distract me from Ethan.


No comments:

Post a Comment