Wednesday 9 October 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 7. You Now

I am still a little behind on updating my Capture Your Grief challenge.  Today is the 9th and I'm only on day 7.  I am going to try to catch up.

The reason that I am behind is that I went up north for the weekend.  And I thought about doing the challenge there but then didn't.  Instead I enjoyed the company, I enjoyed the beautiful fall colours, I enjoyed life.  And you know what?  I did not feel that guilty!  

I quite often feel like I bring people down when I talk about Ethan.  So I try to make jokes in between.  But I didn't this time.  Speaking of him, his story, my pregnancy, just came naturally.  And while it was sad, it didn't break me.  And while I would give anything under the sun to have him with me, I know that it is not going to happen.  He isn't going to magically appear just because I beg, cry, pray, scream, wish, hope, etc.

Which brings me to "You Now".  When I originally thought of this topic, I had a lot of images running through my mind.  I had settled on about getting a picture of me and ripping it into a bunch of pieces. 

But I think now, 6+ months on, I have a little bit more peace with things.  One of my amazing friends told me of her sister's passing and that one day, she just found peace in it. And I think that I'm almost at that point now.  

I'm not there yet.  I'm not where I was before or even who I was before.  I don't think I will ever be.  But I am mostly me again, just a bit of a different version.  I will always be sad and I will always miss my son.  But it does not consume me anymore.

So for today's picture, instead of just ripping the picture of me into a bunch of pieces, I have taped them back together.  Some pieces are not in the right position and some are held together by the tiniest piece of tape.  But I am mostly whole.  And Ethan is covering every single part of my body.  Because he is with me always.  He is in every breath I take.  He is in every laugh, every tear.  Every heart beat.

But I couldn't find any pictures of me.  And I am a wonderful artist so please, no haters...



No comments:

Post a Comment