Tuesday 15 October 2013

Capture Your Grief. Day 9. Music

Having a dad as a musician, we always knew the baby's life would be full of music.  We had even planned on having the baby's newborn pictures done on Mark's drums!!  And even though we only got 41 weeks and 4 days with Ethan, his short life WAS full of music.

Ethan went to a few concerts.  He went to Madonna!  He went to Weezer.  He went to Xavier Rudd.  

He must have been a little confused with the eclectic music tastes between his parents.  I think that Ethan's favourite music was rock.  Because, as I have said before, Ethan was so much like his daddy. Almost every time rock music was on, he would dance around.  And I just felt better listening to it.

At Ethan's funeral, there was instrumental background music on a loop.  There was a song by a Christian band called Delirious?  The song is called I Could Sing of Your Love Forever.  The chorus repeats "I could sing of your love forever" over and over and over again.  And it is beautiful.  It is my song to Ethan.

For Mark, his song is Gone Away by The Offspring...


No comments:

Post a Comment